Career Opportunity: Director of Fundraising
We are excited to have a Director of Philanthropy join our dedicated and fast-growing team. Entrepreneurially minded, we are a results-oriented, non-profit organization that is driven to impact change.
You will be responsible for executing major fundraising goals and objectives by developing, planning, and driving the growth strategies for One Girl Can that will propel our mission. With a proven track record of success and an enormous passion for the cause, you care a lot and will bring a sense of compassion and warmth in all interactions with potential donors, volunteers, foundations, and corporations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Philanthropy will work with the Board of Directors to meet annual fundraising goals, raise awareness and be responsible for:
- • Fundraising Strategy Development and Execution – Strategize, build and execute a dynamic fundraising program that includes major giving, individual, corporate, foundation giving and event sponsorships to meet annual revenue goals
- • Gift Cultivation | Donor Stewardship – Responsibilities include all activities related to donor research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- • Grant Management – In collaboration with the Executive Director, identify and confirm grant opportunities and work with the Donor Relations Manager and external grant writers to secure program funding
- • Leadership and Development – Coaching and directing the position of Donor Relations Manager to ensure the timely execution of all duties, including the transfer of knowledge and skills necessary to be effective in this role
What you offer
- • Minimum 7 years of related experience, including track record in fundraising, pipeline development, fundraising strategy development, donor cultivation and relationship management
- • Post-secondary education; Fundraising diploma and/or CFRE certification preferred
- • Experience in leading fundraising activities and initiating effective fundraising strategies and programs that includes individual, corporate and foundation donors
- • Experience with donor database management system considered an asset
- • Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as you will be able to join us on life-changing trips to Kenya where you will have an opportunity to meet some of our incredible students and One Girl Can partners.
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. Please include any writing samples. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
- • Casual dress
- • Dental care
- • Employee assistance program
- • Extended health care
- • Flexible schedule
- • Life insurance
- • On-site gym
- • On-site parking
- • Paid time off
- • Vision care
- • Work from home
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
What can my donation provide For a Sponsor a university student
$300Co-sponsor a university student
$500Buy a laptop for a first year university student
$1000Cover tuition expenses for a university student for one year
$3500Fully sponsor a girl for one year of university, including tuition, living expenses and laptop
$25Co-sponsor a university student
$42Buy a laptop for a first year university student
$84Cover tuition expenses for a university student for one year
$292Fully sponsor a girl for one year of university, including tuition, living expenses and laptop
What can my donation provide For a Sponsor a high school student
$50Help fund tuition for a high school girl
$250Fund six months of high school for a girl
$500Fully sponsor a girl for one year, including tuition and board
$21Fund six months of high school for a girl
$42Fully sponsor a girl for one year, including tuition and board
$84Fully sponsor two girls for one year, including tuition and board
What can my donation provide For a Unrestricted Donation
$50Your donation can help to give one desk and bench for two students.
$100Provide school spirit with two sets of sports uniforms for 25 girls so they can stay active while at school.
$250Further the voices of tomorrow with one desktop computer for journalism club.
$10Outfit a girls sports team with two sets of uniforms.
$50Promote performance and fine arts education for girls by supporting with musical instruments for music and dance groups.
$66Can help provide a water tank adequate for drinking water for a whole school.