Career Opportunity: Donor Relations Manager
We are excited to have a Donor Relations Manager join our dedicated and fast-growing team. Entrepreneurially minded, we are a results-oriented, non-profit organization that is driven to impact change.
You will be responsible for providing coordination and comprehensive administrative support in the execution of stewardship activities and programs, executing grant writing and plays and active role in donor relations and fund development activities.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, you will support in developing and implementing donor stewardship strategies and tactics, while maintaining our database and optimizing reporting functionality. Your responsibilities will include:
1. Donor Relations and Stewardship
- • Work closely with the Director of Philanthropy and the Marketing Manager to create, discuss and develop cultivation and stewardship initiatives, including execution of fundraising and stewardship strategies and programs, and segmented donor stewardship plans to maximize revenue opportunities
- • Manage all aspects of the sponsorship program, including pairing prospective sponsors with an approved new student, stewarding the annual renewal of the sponsorship, coordinating semi-annual personalized correspondence between sponsors and students, and managing interns to help facilitate the exchange of correspondence.
2. Fundraising Implementation, Grant Writing & Reporting
- • Work with the Director of Philanthropy and Executive Director to prepare correspondence, gift agreements, stewardship reports and other materials based on the current case for support.
3. Coordinating Fundraising Events
- • Provide support and assistance to One Girl Can fundraising events and annual leadership conference in Nairobi.
What you offer
- • Experience in a non-profit organization with preference for experience in donor relations and stewardship.
- • Demonstrated writing skills; donor communication and grant writing an asset
- • Completion of Fundraising Management and/or International Development Program degree or diploma
- • Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high-paced administrative role
- • Exceptional computer literacy skills, specifically donor database systems (Salesforce) and peer to peer fundraising (Fundrazr), Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and some proficiency with prospect research tools
- • Clear and valid BC driver’s licence and access to a vehicle an asset
Please apply with your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. Please include any writing samples. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
- • Casual dress
- • Dental care
- • Employee assistance program
- • Extended health care
- • Flexible schedule
- • Life insurance
- • On-site gym
- • On-site parking
- • Paid time off
- • Vision care
- • Work from home
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
What can my donation provide For a Sponsor a university student
$300Co-sponsor a university student
$500Buy a laptop for a first year university student
$1000Cover tuition expenses for a university student for one year
$3500Fully sponsor a girl for one year of university, including tuition, living expenses and laptop
$25Co-sponsor a university student
$42Buy a laptop for a first year university student
$84Cover tuition expenses for a university student for one year
$292Fully sponsor a girl for one year of university, including tuition, living expenses and laptop
What can my donation provide For a Sponsor a high school student
$50Help fund tuition for a high school girl
$250Fund six months of high school for a girl
$500Fully sponsor a girl for one year, including tuition and board
$21Fund six months of high school for a girl
$42Fully sponsor a girl for one year, including tuition and board
$84Fully sponsor two girls for one year, including tuition and board
What can my donation provide For a Unrestricted Donation
$50Your donation can help to give one desk and bench for two students.
$100Provide school spirit with two sets of sports uniforms for 25 girls so they can stay active while at school.
$250Further the voices of tomorrow with one desktop computer for journalism club.
$10Outfit a girls sports team with two sets of uniforms.
$50Promote performance and fine arts education for girls by supporting with musical instruments for music and dance groups.
$66Can help provide a water tank adequate for drinking water for a whole school.