One Girl Can Society (OGC), a Vancouver based not-for-profit organization focused on impacting gender inequality for girls through education in Africa, has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Marketing Manager
We Build. We Educate. We Mentor.
Educating girls is one of the fastest and most effective ways of promoting global economic development, as well as the key to ultimately ending poverty and injustice for women.
One Girl Can (www.onegirlcan.com) is a registered charity based in Vancouver, Canada, that has developed a holistic model for empowers girls in Africa through of a variety educational vehicles. Our unique Cycle of Empowerment has built over 100 school facilities, provided scholarships for more than 500 girls in 5 years, and now mentors 6000 girls a year.
WE BUILD and rehabilitate existing girls’ schools to create safe and enriching learning environments.
WE EDUCATE by providing scholarships for students with the greatest need and potential at secondary school and university levels.
WE MENTOR every student through workshops that teach goal setting, confidence building, strategic thinking and career planning.
The opportunity for you
We are searching for a highly creative and motivated individual to join our uniquely entrepreneurial and fast-growing non-profit as a Digital Marketing Manager.
You will lead all aspects related to traditional channels of social media and marketing, including video ideation and creation, working with photographers in Africa to develop a robust image bank for content, and support for special events & conferences. You’ll collaborate with an external team of marketing and production specialists to help bring your unique concepts for building brand awareness and raising funds to fruition.
Reporting to the CEO, the Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for…
- Leading the development, creation and implementation of the annual digital content calendar, including themes, cultural and international references, copywriting, and image and video selection to launch media campaigns
- Collaborating with a progressive team in the ideation stage to create innovative campaigns aimed at building brand awareness and raising funds
- Achieving agreed upon digital performance goals through SEO, paid advertising and developing relevant campaigns that increase social base
- Leading the digital analytics by analyzing the data, creating a monthly report, and tracking against set goals; communicate results to CEO on a quarterly basis
- Assisting in planning, creating and managing social content and marketing for all events and conferences related to One Girl Can
What you offer
- University Degree
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in a Marketing or Marketing Communications role; any knowledge of principles and practices of NGO Marketing and Fundraising a plus
- Website development skills, as well as social networking and digital communication knowledge and practical experience
- Advanced computer skills, including of Microsoft Office, Hootsuite, Mailchimp and Apple based computer applications
- High-level proficiency with computer design programs including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to bring great ideas from inception to full execution, including measuring results
- Superior written skills a must
- Highly organized, analytical, detail and results-oriented
- A self-starter with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for the advancement and empowerment of women, particularly in underdeveloped countries such as Africa
- Ability to travel to Africa
Please either e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to employment[at]onegirlcan.com and or fax to (604) 294-8885 by Friday, August 23, 2019 No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.