One Girl Can Society (OGC), a Vancouver based not-for-profit organization focused on impacting gender inequality for girls through education in Kenya and Uganda, has an exciting opportunity for a
Donor Relations Coordinator
We Build. We Educate. We Mentor.
Educating girls is one of the fastest and most effective ways of promoting global economic development, as well as the key to ultimately ending poverty and injustice for women.
One Girl Can (www.onegirlcan.com) is a registered charity based in Vancouver, Canada, that has developed a holistic model for empowers girls in Africa through of a variety educational vehicles. Our unique Cycle of Empowerment has built over 100 school facilities, provided scholarships for more than 500 girls in 5 years, and now mentors 6000 girls a year.
WE BUILD and rehabilitate existing girls’ schools to create safe and enriching learning environments.
WE EDUCATE by providing scholarships for students with the greatest need and potential at secondary school and university levels.
WE MENTOR every student through workshops that teach goal setting, confidence building, strategic thinking and career planning.
The opportunity for you…
We are searching for a highly motivated Donor Relations Coordinator, who will be based in Coquitlam, BC and responsible for supporting administrative activities and becoming the expert in database platforms to help members of One Girl Can to successfully execute their growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Donor Relations Coordinator will be responsible for…
- Tracking all donor activity and maintaining the donor database in e-Tapestry
- Providing monthly reports on new donor acquisition, prospects, renewals and attrition.
- Managing and maintaining additional software platforms such as Power BI, Fundrazer, and We Connect
- Working closely with team to discuss and develop cultivation and stewardship initiatives
- Preparing and submitting simple program proposals, letters of inquiry, grant applications and grant reporting to secure basic or renewal funding.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of the events and conferences
What you offer…
- Completion of Fundraising Management and/or International Development Program degree or diploma
- Experience in a non-profit organization with preference for experience in donor relations and stewardship.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high-paced administrative role
- Exceptional computer literacy skills, specifically donor database systems (e-Tapestry, Raiser’s Edge) Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and some proficiency with prospect research tools
- A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and thoughtfulness in the decision-making process.
- Passionate and committed to the mission of OGC and aligned with the core values: the advancement and empowerment of women, particularly in underdeveloped countries such as Africa
Please either e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected] and or fax to (604) 294-8885. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.